Warehouse Lubricants for Winter
Spray-Can Solutions for Winter Weather Hardships
Ice and snow can really do a number on the gear and equipment you need to use on the job every day. But work doesn’t ease up just because everything’s harder in winter months. To make things easier, American Paper and Packaging has fast fixes for rust, jams, and moisture, even in freezing weather.
WD-40 Protects Your Tools and Equipment All Winter
WD-40 is a water displacing solvent famous for its ability to loosen and clean in seemingly endless applications. It was first used by the military to clean and protect fuel tanks on Atlas Missiles, and this same versatile, all-American product can help you and your crew this winter. Use WD-40 to:
- Waterproof leather and protect buckles on winter boots
- Prevent rust and corrosion on a wide variety of tools and equipment
- Loosen frozen or rusted bolts and other parts
- Spray snow shovel blades or inside a snowblower chute to prevent snow from sticking
WD-40 is not intended for use in delicate mechanical applications or electrical connections. But keep reading!
3M Silicone Lubricant Spray Keeps Machines Moving
This fast-drying all-purpose silicone spray is great for lubricating moving machinery parts in any weather. Keep locks, liftgates, and all kinds of doors on trucks and buildings free of rust and operating smoothly no matter how frosty it gets. 3M Silicone Lubricant Spray can also:
- Reduce friction and eliminate those annoying squeaking sounds
- Keep locks, bearings, pulleys, and hinges working all winter
- Protect paint from chipping
- Waterproof almost any surface and prevent rust, sticking, and freezing
To prevent accidents, do not apply silicone spray lubricant on any surface where someone may walk or sit. It really is super slippery! Avoid getting it on your hands, or objects you need to manipulate such as doorknobs, pull chains, or tools.
3M 5-Way Penetrant Combats Winter Wetness
3M 5-Way Penetrant really lives up to its name and penetrates the pores of surfaces to drive out moisture. This is especially important in winter when temperatures fall, precipitation rises, and condensation forms in the most problematic places. Use this multi-purpose product to:
- Dry out and protect electrical components to avoid shorting
- Prevent rust and corrosion on connections and cables
- Lubricate delicate machinery and precision instruments
3M 5-Way Penetrant helps protect sensitive equipment from harsh conditions, preventing expensive delays or accidents. Spray now, thank us later!
Don’t let harsh weather disrupt your work – contact AP&P for lubricants and rust-proofing solutions.